CV Sciences, Inc. Announces Supporting Sponsorship of, and Events During, Hemp History Week June 6-12, 2016
CV Sciences Joins Together With Other Leading Hemp Brands in Support of the 7th Year of the Grassroots Education Campaign
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 06/02/16 -- CV Sciences, Inc. (OTCBB: CANV) is pleased to announce its supporting sponsorship of Hemp History Week 2016, as well several special events hosted by the company during the campaign. Hemp History Week is the national effort of grassroots organizers, leading hemp product manufacturers, farmers and advocates from all walks of life, working to change federal policy on industrial hemp in the United States.
This year promises to be an historic time in the movement to legalize hemp farming, as more farmers than ever before are planting hemp in states that have lifted prohibition on the crop. The 7th annual campaign will include grassroots events across the country, nationwide retail events and promotions, hemp plantings (in some states where hemp farming is legal under Section 7606 of the U.S. Farm Bill), documentary screenings, farmer outreach, and more.
In addition to its sponsorship of the national program, CV Sciences, via our PlusCBD Oil™ brand, will also be hosting and participating in a number of events focused in California and Kentucky.
- CV Sciences kicks off the celebration of Hemp History Week on Friday, June 3 with their sponsorship of The Night Market hosted by the NoLi CDC in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. The Night Market, which takes place in the historical epicenter of Lexington's former booming hemp industry, is a monthly pop-up street festival that brings people from throughout the community into the North side of Lexington and features music, food, art, and more. Representatives from CV Sciences will be on hand to bring awareness to the many topics surrounding hemp in Central Kentucky and throughout the country. 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST.
- On Monday, June 6, CV Sciences, in tandem with Full Circle Market in Winchester, Kentucky, will host, "Hemp for Health." The educational event and discussion will be focused on hemp-derived cannabidiol, or CBD, how it was discovered, its natural sources, and how CBD's endocannabinoid interactions relate to human health. Stuart Tomc, vice president of human nutrition at CV Sciences and Josh Hendrix, director of business development, domestic production for CV Sciences will both speak and answer questions from attendees. There will be music and light appetizers, followed by the educational presentation. Full Circle Market is located at 240 Redwing Drive, Winchester, KY 40391. 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM EST.
- On Tuesday, June 7, CV Sciences is presenting, "Bringing Hemp Back" at the Hilary J. Boone Center at the University of Kentucky. The invitation only event will be an opportunity for those involved in, or seeking more education about the hemp-derived CBD industry to enjoy dinner, networking, and a lecture from CV Sciences' VP of Human Nutrition, Stuart Tomc. Mr. Tomc's lecture will address why hemp-derived CBD has been receiving a lot of attention for its tremendous promise on human health, why the company believes hemp-derived CBD is here to stay, and what measures the company, as the category leader, is taking to ensure its products are the safest and most trusted CBD products available via our PlusCBD Oil™ brand. The Hilary J. Boone Center is located at 500 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40506.
- Also on Tuesday, June 7, The Hemp Road Trip, a nationwide bus tour seeking to raise awareness on the many topics around hemp, is making a stop in Encinitas, California. In honor of Hemp History week, the bus will be stopping at Seaside Bazaar in Encinitas at 5pm, where participants will join with CV Sciences and other great hemp brands for a Hemp History Week Party. These brands will offer information and products to consumers interested in learning more about hemp, its many uses and the remarkable promise it holds. Additionally, Dr. Bronner's will be on site with their All-One Fire Truck, and there will live music and food trucks. Seaside Bazaar is located at 459 Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024. 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM PDT.
- Wednesday, June 8th, Messrs. Tomc and Hendrix will be at the Pine Mountain Settlement School in Harlan, KY for the Society for Economic Botany Symposium taking part in a panel discussion about the Kentucky Hemp Industry. The panel, as well as the symposium as a whole seeks to address different approaches to the conservation of biodiversity and cultural traditions in a period of increasing globalization and transition.
- Mr. Tomc will also be speaking on a panel on Friday, June 10 at The Southern Cannabis Summit giving a legal update on industrial hemp and hemp-derived CBD. The summit, the first of its kind in the southern U.S., will bring together medical professionals, lawyers and activists from across the South in Louisville, to discuss the future of cannabis legalization and how red states can go green.
Industrial hemp is woven throughout American history. Hemp History Week is a celebration of our rich history with industrial hemp, a chance to educate the public about the barriers to hemp farming and to advocate for federal policy change. Hemp History Week, made possible by sponsors and event hosts like CV Sciences, offers an opportunity to engage consumers by showcasing the range of hemp products available and the nutritional and environmental benefits that they provide.
ABOUT CV SCIENCES: CV Sciences, Inc. (OTCBB: CANV), formerly CannaVest Corp, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, focuses on drug development activities on products containing cannabidiol (CBD) as the active pharmaceutical ingredient, and also is engaged in the sale of CBD, and the development, marketing and sale of end consumer products containing CBD, which is refined into its own PlusCBD Oil™ brand. Additional information is available from OTCMarkets.com or by visiting PlusCBDoil.com.
ABOUT HEMP HISTORY WEEK: Hemp History Week, June 6-12, 2016, is an industry-wide initiative of the Hemp Industries Association (HIA) and Vote Hemp. The HIA is a non-profit trade group representing hemp companies, researchers, farmers and supporters. Vote Hemp is a national, single-issue, non-profit advocacy group founded in 2000 by members of the hemp industry to remove barriers to industrial hemp farming in the U.S. through education, legislation and advocacy. For further information, please visit www.TheHIA.org and www.VoteHemp.com
For interview requests or more information about CV Sciences or the company's involvement in Hemp History Week, please contact:
Source: CV Sciences, Inc.
Released June 2, 2016